Hi, I’m Emily! I’m an Idaho native living in Boise with my husband, Kris, our dog, Maddie, and our cats, Gilbert and Figs. I love international travel, eating and cooking (in that order), rafting, camping, hiking, gardening, CrossFit, and reading nutrition articles (I’m kinda nerdy!). Check out my food blog for some of my cooking adventures. I am forever learning, a work in progress.
I’ve spent most of my life quietly in the background, longing for more but often scared to speak up or take a chance of myself. My goal this year (2018) is to be BOLD.
Honestly, I’ve never thought of myself as a career driven person, but I felt trapped working in the conventional medical setting with its “prescription drug for everything” approach. The people I see in the hospital are so sick with chronic diseases, and it’s only getting worse. Our country is unhealthy. And it breaks my heart to see people suffering.
And so I’m being bold and stepping out of the standard medical system by starting this business to help people feel better through nutrition so they can enjoy the lives that they’re meant to live.
When I was in sixth grade, my mom was diagnosed with breast cancer. Fortunately, they caught it early, and she made a full recovery. But it scared the crap out of me. Knowing that I am high risk for breast cancer motivated me to be as healthy as possible and do everything I can to prevent cancer. In college I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis, an autoimmune hypothyroid condition. While I have been fairly stable with my thyroid issues, the diagnosis lead me to take a functional medicine approach to my own health. And from my own experiences, I developed an integrative and functional nutrition approach with my clients.
- Are frustrated with your current health and never seem to get any answers or solutions from doctors
- Suffer from chronic inflammatory conditions, such as IBS, migraines, or fibromyalgia
- Deal with fatigue, brain fog, or lack of energy
- Are tired of being offered medication after medication, and then more medications for the side effects of your current medications
- Think your GI symptoms may be food related and are having trouble pinpointing which foods are causing problems
- Have tried difficult elimination diets or the FODMAP diet without success or long term results
- Struggle to lose weight, have tried every imaginable diet out there, have been a yo-yo dieter, and been unable to obtain lasting weight loss
- Have difficulty controlling your Type 2 Diabetes or have been told you’re Pre-Diabetic and don’t want to see the disease progress
……Now is the time for you to take a chance on yourself and invest in your health.
I can help you on your path to feeling better and living your best life. Because you shouldn’t have to suffer through life and “tough it out” any longer. You and your body are meant to thrive in this world. You only get one life, one body, and I can help you optimize your health.
If you’re interested in working with me, I’d love to chat with you to see if we’re a good fit!
Check out my Work with Me page for more information on Food Sensitivity Testing and Nutrition Coaching using a whole food, low carb approach for Weight Loss and controlling, even reversing, Type 2 Diabetes and Pre-Diabetes.